Wanted: Systems Engineer at Interop
- Position (Location): Fort Myers, FL, or Irving, TX
- Department: Application Engineering
- Reports to: Manager, Application Engineering
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Interop Technologies is a global telecommunications service provider that is leading the mobile industry’s rapid transition to cloud-based IP networks and next generation communication solutions.
Interop has its World Headquarters in Fort Myers, FL, USA, and Regional Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland; as well Network Operations Centers (NOCs) in Fort Myers, Florida, USA; Dallas, Texas, USA; and Dublin, Ireland.
Interop Technologies is always looking for client-centric, committed individuals with strong problem-solving skills, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a passion for technology and its influence on the global mobile industry. Qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, or creed, are encouraged to apply for our currently available positions by sending their resumes to Interop Technologies, an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
This candidate will be part of the technical operations department responsible for the deployment of carrier specific wireless applications across multiple server platforms. Primary responsibilities include assisting with the technical aspects of deploying proprietary and third-party applications. This position also requires customer-facing planning and coordination with new and existing carriers and vendors.
Additional responsibilities include developing deployment guidelines and assisting the the resolution of challenging problems. This position will require a responsible, team-oriented, well-organized individual with strong technical and communications skills. Candidate must have the ability to handle parallel tasks while adapting quickly to rapidly shifting priorities.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to apply creative tactical solutions to business needs
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards, best practices, policies, and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills using tools such as (but not limited to) tcpdump, Wireshark, and GNU Debugger
- 5+ years working experience in Enterprise Linux system administration (RedHat Enterprise Linux / CentOS / Scientific Linux / Fedora)
- Strong working knowledge of MySQL and MariaDB relational database administration, including data optimization and migration, replication, and clustering (Galera Cluster).
- Strong working knowledge of network protocols: ARP, IPv4/IPv6, ICMP/ICMPv6, IPSec, TCP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, IMAP, LDAP, NTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TLS/SSL, VRRP, XMPP
- Experience deploying and managing Linux High Availability using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Clustering, Linux Virtual Server (LVS) with Keepalived
- Experience deploying and managing Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD) configurations in Enterprise Linux environments
- Experience with systems automation using Puppet, Foreman, and git
- Experience creating and managing software packages with RedHat Package Manager, Mock, and Koji
- Experience with web applications to include a solid understanding of Apache HTTP server, PHP 5.1+, and Ruby on Rails
- Experience deploying and managing virtual machines using VMWare vSphere Hypervisor and VMWare Workstation
- Reading-level proficiency in Perl, PHP, Ruby, C/C++
- Strong proficiency in regular expression matching
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Basic understanding of wireless ancillary service systems:
- Short Message Service
- Multimedia Messaging Service
- Over the Air Programming and Service Provisioning
- Rich Communication Services
- IP Multimedia Subsystem
- Basic understanding of wireless and telecom industry standards:
- Basic understanding of protocols used in the wireless and telecom industry:
Education and Related Experience
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Providing on-call support on nights and weekends
- Working in excess of 40 hours/week to meet deadlines
- Traveling to customer sites
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- We offer competitive compensation (depending on experience) and a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for employees and eligible dependents. *Please note that benefits vary between U.S. and non-U.S.-based employees.
Health and Wellness:
- Medical (including prescriptions)
- Basic and voluntary life insurance
- Long- and short-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time-off policy (vacation, sick, and holiday)
- Employee discounts and assistance services
- Employee referral bonus program
- Casual dress code
- A sharp team to collaborate with
- Games, snacks, and fun employee events!